Friday, December 11, 2009

Sharing Recipes! That's What Mamas Do!



Fabulous Warm Blue Cheese, 
Bacon, and Garlic Dip


This dip is to die for!
I have made this for 
several years now!
The recipe is from a cookbook, 
Stop and Smell the Rosemary.
It is a wonderful cookbook from
The Junior League of Houston.


Ingredients
7 slices of bacon, chopped
2 gloves of garlic, minced
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup of half and half
4 ounces of blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
2 Tbls. chopped fresh chives
3 Tbls. chopped smoked almonds

Directions
Cook bacon in skillet over medium high heat until almost crisp.
Drain most of the fat from skillet.  Add garlic and cook until bacon is totally crisp about 3 minutes. Remove the bacon and garlic from the skillet and drain on a paper towel.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add half and half and mix until combined.  Stir in bacon mixture, blue cheese, and chives.  Transfer to a minimum 2 cup oven proof serving dish and cover with foil.  Bake about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped almonds.  Serve with sliced green apples, crackers or bread.  
I usually double this recipe if 
taking to a big party.
Sometimes I use a little more 
half and half if I 
think the consistency is too 
thick before baking.
  When bringing to a party ask 
the hostess  if you can bake 
it upon arrival.
It is so good hot out of the oven!
Mama Likes It Hot!
Mama Also Likes it COLD!


My friends LOVE this appetizer as well.
It is sooo easy and oh sooo YUMMY!
Go HERE to this post to get the recipe.

4 comments:

laxmom said...

I was wondering if you do anything with the garlic when adding to the bacon? Do I mince it, slice it or just keep it whole? If it remains whole, do I keep it in the mixture?

hjn said...

Hi Laxmom,
Sorry to take so long to reply back! I mince the garlic but keep an eye on it as it will brown very quickly. Maybe add it at the end of the cook time for the bacon. If it gets to brown just discard. It is really for the flavor. I will adjust the recipe so it makes more sense. Hope that helps!
Thank you!!
Holli

Anonymous said...

sounds so good but being gluten free I guess I could use Betty Crocker Biscuit mix and try them that way since crescent rolls are not gluten free.....

hjn said...

Give it a dry and let me know!