Saturday, December 23, 2017

Mary Did You Know?


Can you only imagine how Mary must have felt
anticipating the birth of her son?
I can't wrap my head around it really.
I remember awaiting the birth of my first child, Jake.
I was excited, anxious, tired, nervous, and happy.
Yes I was carrying and growing the most precious gift
I could ever imagine inside of me but my son
is not Jesus. My child would not be the son of God.
It really is too much for our brains to comprehend.
Knowing the God picked her to carry His precious 
son and our savior. It really is something to behold.
So as today marks the last Sunday in advent, I want to reflect
on our Mother Mary. I want to honor her and praise her for
her willingness to accept the unknown and to trust in God.
What a brave and courageous woman. What a completely 
unconditional mother to Jesus and to all of us.
My heart is full of gratitude for you beautiful Mary.
My heart is full of love for you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen


No comments: