Tuesday, September 9, 2014

"Summer Lovin" Part 1



Summer for this Colorado family means a pilgrimage 
to
TEXAS!
This pilgrimage consists of family, fun and food.
Not always in that order.
FOOD
in
TEXAS
is 
CRAZY GOOD
I mean
CRAZY GOOD!
Even fast food is Good!
The first food stop is usually in Amarillo, Texas.
We have mapped out the nearest and newest
WHATABURGER!
If you have never had a Whataburger
then you are surely missing out.
SOOOOO YUMMY!



I have tried to reproduce the WHATABURGER
without success but I do have some Texas recipes that I have perfected
that hold me over until I can get me some Whataburger!


Texas Sausage and Cheese Crescents!
To DIE For!


Mama Colleen's Amazing Queso!
Go HERE


Granny's Icebox Cookies!
YUMMMMMM
Go HERE!


Horrible Photo
but it tastes soon good!
King Ranch Chicken Casserole
Go HERE!

More recipes HERE!
I'm so hungry!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss WhataBurger... SOOOOO much! My 'go to'... (SOT/Ch/xxP/Jala) That's how it's written in the order.... Jalapeno Cheeseburger with Mayo, cut the onion and Tomato, with extra pickle. Been 7 years since my last one.... and 37 years since I worked there! LOL!!