Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Get Your Craft On! Mama Brag Boards!




This is my crafty entry.......what is yours?

How important is the entry in your house?  Very Important says Mama Holli!  It welcomes visitors and gives a little tease about your "HOME"!  I like to change our entry seasonally as most.  At times one will find a special plaque representing a family member centered on the entry table.  This is a hint that this family member is being highlighted for one reason or many!  My youngest daughter did very well on her report card at a brand new school! She takes the spot today! Maybe my son makes the winning shot at his basketball game or my husband comes back from a long business trip.  You get the picture!  So how do you make a Mama Brag Board?  Many ways says Mama Holli.  I just painted wooden squares and glued pictures printed on canvas paper to the board.  I bought metal letters at a craft store and glued each name under the photo. No right or wrong way.  Have fun and create it with materials around your house! Nothing fancy needed. You could use a chalkboard, cardboard or blocks.  Just find a way to highlight each family member during this thankful month of November!
  
Up Close
All ready to go when Mama needs to brag!

So make your Mama Brag Boards and start a new Mama Tradition!
Don't forget to make one for yourself!
Mama deserves to be bragged on too!



9 comments:

Allison said...

Holli, this is such a great idea! I am so going to start this for my little family!!! Thanks for the great idea~

Unknown said...

Every mamma should have mamma brag boards. We have a separate set of stairs in the back of the house going up to the second floor and on the walls are framed artwork from all my children from when they were little. Still have a 7-year old who just brought something home today and I thought, "here's another piece that would look lovely on the wall". I frame them in simple white frames. Please stop by and if you like what you see, don't forget to click the "Follow" button. I am heading over to click yours now so that we can inspire each other often.

Anonymous said...

Your entry is so pretty and welcoming! I love the idea of the brag boards. Kind of fun the way you have them on the stairs in the last photo! Have a good day...

pk @ Room Remix

Mama Lisa said...

What about your friends? You have very hot friends; show them off. Brag about them, especially the ones who live near you and whose son is your son's best friend.

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

I love your entry. I have been looking for a table to put in mine but have yet to find the "right" one.

Sarah said...

I love your entry way! God's blessings on your weekend, Sarah :D

jz said...

Holli, Allie told me about your blog and I love this idea....Can't believe so much time has passed. Allie has a 3yr old...Oh my little Gia is so precious wish you and yours could see Allie with her baby. She is a wonderful Mom and I give you ans Steve some credit because you and your family had such a positive impact on her life when she was a teen...Love to all of you Jane

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very very cool! I love the idea of spotlighting a child on any given day. what fun!

Thanks for stopping by and linking up! : )

Its So Very Cheri said...

I Love these--please post this to next weeks Monday party (actually goes up Sunday Night), Its So Very Creative--

cheri