Sunday, January 24, 2016

Mama's Chicken Salad







I am a freak when it comes to 
chicken salad!
I am very picky and I know what I like
and I definitely know what I don't like.
I prefer to make my own and I have quite a few
versions depending on my mood.


Today I was thinking I could be a little healthy
and I added some perky cranberries and some nuts.

I surprisingly traded a second slice of bread for some 
yummy smushed avocado! 
I have to admit it was pretty clever of me!
The avocado really kicked it up a notch!
Oh Yeah!

Mama's Healthy Chicken Salad

4 boneless & skinless organic chicken breast
2 stalks of celery chopped
1/2 cup of dried cranberries 
1/4 cup of chopped pecans
2 Tbls of finely diced white onion
2-3 Tbls of Mayo
1/2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

I like to cook my chicken in my cast iron skillet 
with a little olive oil.
I season my chicken with salt and pepper.
I do like it just a tad crispy around the edges so halfway 
thru the cooking, I will cut up the pieces
so it has a chance to crisp up a little. 

Mama has been known to add some of the yummy drippings
left in the pan to the mayo mixture 
before adding the chicken to it.
(Don't tell anyone!)
YUM!
Let the chicken cool and then dice it up and set aside.
In a small bowl add the mayo, vinegar and 
drippings if you dare!
In a big bowl mix the chicken, celery, onions, 
pecans and cranberries.
Mix in the mayo mixture and salt and pepper.
Toss it all around and 
get it into the frig so it is nice and cold.

Scoop it on top of a nice salad, 
load it up in a wrap 
or slap it on some yummy bread!
There ya go!
Enjoy!

Go HERE for more of Mama's Recipes!






3 comments:

Angie said...

I love chciken salad too, just even on a cracker! This sounds good :)

Angie said...

I love chciken salad too, just even on a cracker! This sounds good :)

hjn said...

It is addicting is it not? YUM!