Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mama's Pot Roast Soup

So listen up Mamas!
Here is the deal.
Pot Roast Dinner
We LOVE it Right?
YES!
It DEFINES
Comfort Food
It
Has
MAMA LOVES YOU
Written
All
Over
It
Yummy Tender Roast
Golden Potatoes
Perky Carrots
Gravy
NEED I SAY MORE?
Well if you are like this Mama
you usually have leftovers 
with this big daddy of a meal.
So here is what I do.....
Freeze the leftovers!
Yes FREEZE the meat, potatoes and carrots.
THEN LIKE MAGIC
POOF
the defrosted
 leftovers into a big soup pot.
Make sure the meat
 is cut into big bite size chunks.
Add one 14 oz. can of beef broth,
one 14 0z can of evaporated milk
and
one can of drained corn
SIMMER ON LOW
UNTIL
THE 
HOUSE
SMELLS
HEAVENLY
Thicken with water and corn starch if needed.
Serve it up with some
bread or biscuits!
TA DAAAA
Yummy for the Tummy!






2 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

YUM! This looks so perfect for a day like today, Holli! Thanks again for your sweet words yesterday--you're a doll!

Have a beautiful, cozy day, my friend!

Julie

Kara said...

I have to agree, I really do love a good Pot Roast. That’s why whenever I make it; I make it with Grass Fed Beef. I work with La Cense Beef, and they offer consumer access to 100% grass fed beef over the Internet. Grass Fed Beef is a healthier choice to make when eating meat and the flavor is unreal. They are having a Grassfed Holiday Sale right now if you are interested in trying it. It will make you love Pot Roast even more if that is possible.