Saturday, February 6, 2010

Every Once In A While I Whip Up Something Truly Healthy To Eat!



Today I will be healthy!
Tomorrow maybe not!
White Bean Dip
Served up in my Granny's Blue Bowl!
1 - 15oz can of Great Northern Beans
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp chili garlic sauce
2 diced green onions
2 Tbl olive oil
paprika

In a food processor or blender add garlic, one green onion, and vinegar.  Puree for about minute.  Next add beans undrained, chili sauce, salt and pepper.  Puree for about 1 minute.  Puree again while adding olive oil.  Chill and garnish with remaining onion and paprika.  Serve chilled with crackers and veggies.  I love to toast a slice of french bread and spread this on top!
So there you go!
A Healthy Snack!



5 comments:

Lucy said...

I know.... doesn't it just s..k to cook something healthy? (Me with all my red meat recipes?) This looks too good though and you can always console yourself thinking about the gas that beans inspire! There'll be a hot time in your home town tonight!

mizdarlin said...

I learn something every day...never heard of white beans before...every other colour you can think of though...hmmm..you might even start a new West Coast tradititon!

Lucy said...

Some people call white beans navy beans. So if you've not heard of them, maybe that's why?

Chick in the Czech said...

Mmmmm...this looks delicious! And I am doing great! :)

I'm not actually Czech. My blog was started when I studied abroad in the Czech Republic in the spring of 2006, hence my name. But I love the Czech Republic and Prague!!! I will be sure to follow you!

Unknown said...

GREAT!!! dip recipe. Looks and sounds YUMMY!!!
Geri