Thursday, February 18, 2010

What A Candle Can Do

One 
Single Lit Candle
Can Change One's
Mood 
Instantly!
It Can Take You Down
A
New Path
Even
Calm Your
Spirit
The scent can bring back
a memory or feeling
The Light can make
one 
Happy and Cheerful
It can make one
sad or melancholy
The LIGHT
creates
CHANGE

So Go Ahead
and 
LIGHT
the candle!
YES, the fancy, expensive one
given to you as a gift!
The one you have
been saving for a special occasion!
Erma Bombeck once wrote an article named,
If I Had My Life To Live Over,
where she states various things she would have done differently.
One of her regrets,
"I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage."
We Get It Don't We?
So do it today!
Burn it!
Enjoy it!
Love it!
Consume it!
Use it all up!
Take it all in!
Don't wait for the perfect day!
For
TODAY
IS 
PERFECT!
(paintings by Baby Girl#1)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

What lovely reminder of carpe diem!

Gretchen Seefried said...

Lighting 'em up! Thx for the reminder!

Cora said...

Amen! Burn it up baby! I love candles and yes I am guilty of saving some....but I always burn them sooner or later. My M-n-law will not burn them...she saves them..for what I do not know! I guess they are too pretty to burn?
Love the writing of Erma B. that you are speaking of...it is awesome and we should all heed to her advice!!

Hugs and smiles....

Unknown said...

I liked today's post!
I found you through Texas Blogging Gals and came by to say hello. Look forward to reading more about you. Come on by http://lonestarlifer.wordpress.com/ and say howdy.
LoneStarLifer
Paula

Missy said...

I love that you are drinking some Starbucks in that last picture :)

Kitt said...

Thanks for your comments on my heart. Girl, I would do a tutorial but time does not allow right now. How do I get myself involved in so many things? At least I enjoy being busy. Love your post today--very deep and artfully delivered. Hey, you accidently left a message on my post about an Ash Weds. forehead. Wish I had gone to church for that, but I didn't. I didn't publish it obviously, but whomever you wrote that to wants to see it. You are fun:0)